My life. My thoughts. And I'm probably crazy for letting random people in. Wouldn't be the craziest thing I've done though. Watch this!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The good kind of rejection...

Well....I didn't get the job. I found out while sitting in my car jammin' to Joe. He's got this new album and it's all smooth and sexy. Which is exactly how I feel in my car. It's super black with dark tint, decent speakers and has bucket seats....*sigh*....my car is so worth that car note. And to think months ago I was whining about buying a car. I'm such a wimp.

But anyway....I was sittin' in Chick-Fil-A's drive thru. I was craving some fruit and they sell yummy fresh fruit cups. And then I got the text. I really didn't want to cry. My feelings were hurt. I really wanted that job. It would have been perfect. I thought it was for me.

And then I felt guilty for crying about it. It felt immature and ungrateful. I've been so blessed and now that I don't get what I want, I cry about it? That's one punk move, yo.

And then I called my Mom. She told me to not worry about it. There was something else for me. That I should send prayers to the person that did get the job. She said I'm already doing a lot--and she's proud. "You can't have everything. Give someone else a chance."

She's right. A lot of times I wake up with the idea of wanting to shine and be the best. I want to give and be successful. But it takes time. Not getting that job put me in my place. In the end, it was kinda good that I didn't get it. I can't have EVERY great opportunity that comes my way. And many do. I've been humbled and now I'm back to being my non-anxious about a job self. Back to focus on 5K training and my Haiti relief event and Clumps' make over and my media kit and resume and my hair and my daily devotion. Back to the basics.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment