My life. My thoughts. And I'm probably crazy for letting random people in. Wouldn't be the craziest thing I've done though. Watch this!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

We're growing up...

My friends and I.

3 weeks ago my best friend had a baby.
Yesterday I went to the wedding of one of my closest college friends.
At the reception, one of my other closest college friends told me she was preggers.
My cousin and best friend just started up a new business.
My other best friend is graduating from law school in May.

My friends are amazing. They are supportive wives, dynamite business owners, wonderful Mothers and women who are actively leaving footsteps all over. I feel so honored to have such a strong group of women in my circle.

This morning I sat in the sanctuary of my college-town church. It brought back so many memories. I hadn't been to that church since right before I graduated. I saw that same mean-faced usher. And the same lady always gets the Holy Ghost 3 seconds after a song starts. As I opened my Bible to turn to the day's scripture, two church bulletins fell out. One from my church back home and one from the church I attend in Orlando. I smiled. No matter how much I travel, I always find a way to attend a church.

Yesterday at the wedding reception I shared a table with the wedding planner. She was the fiercest 62-year old that I had ever seen. I talked to her for an hour. About everything...my future, relationships, my business ventures, etc. She provided so much insight. She inspired me. Motivated me. She congratulated me. "On being a bad ass young Black woman". She said I've done so much in life already. And that she can't wait to see me on some red carpet. Or in Black Enterprise. Or on the Oprah show. She says I exude such positivity. And that's why she came and sat next to me in the first place.

I mean, wow.

I feel myself changing. It's amazing. I feel like I am in such a good place in life. My relationship with God is better. My self-awareness is more on point. My organization and planning for Clumps is better. Of course there's my health...which for whatever reason is declining. Never mind that I have to have two in-hospital procedures. I'm not afraid. Never mind that in a month I have to make some serious moves/plans. I'm trying to separate my wants/desires to what God wants for me. That's tough. But I'm working on it.

And then there's my being celibate. I'm not looking at it as a bad thing anymore. I feel "pure". I feel better knowing that I'm not giving it up to someone who is not my future husband. The longer I go without gettin' "some", the better I feel. The desires are less and the focus increases. It's a good GOOD feeling.

I'm growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment